Eloli is an award-winning luxury African fashion brand with a global footprint. Our promise is to inspire the Eloli man and woman to live life boldly - in colour, texture and print.
As production manager you will oversee a growing and dynamic team of tailors creating women’s, men’s and children’s’ wear.
The Production manager:
- Guides the activities of tailors and/or other employees engaged in the process of manufacturing, inspection and processing of garments.
- Plans and allocates resources and monitors employees’ schedules ensuring that productivity levels are maintained in the workshop. Your responsibilities include checking output, input material, equipment and ensuring process controls.
- Coordinates and plans production as per specifications and schedule. As production manager, you communicate, simplify, and interpret specifications, job orders, and procedures for tailors and related employees and provide solutions to problems that affect the desired output and organizational goals.
- Manages performance and relations with tailors ensuring that productivity levels are met or exceeded. You also train employees for continual improvement and to achieve Eloli’s brand and business objectives.
- Leads patternmaking and grading, training tailors to do same.
- Maintains an accurate record of supplies, and garments produced. Communicates supply needs to Eloli management to ensure all supplies are always available
- Ensures preventative maintenance of equipment and reports any damage or broken equipment immediately.
- Coordinates with sales team on client orders. Provides sound advice on the product, calculating lead times to ensure the customer’s expectations are accurately managed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Mastery of garment production including knowledge of garment fitting, fabrics, styling, manufacturing techniques and garment construction.
- A seasoned tailor with experience managing a team of professional tailors.
- Ability to create and grade patterns
- Understanding of textile fibers, fabrics, and apparel properties.
- Have a positive attitude to work and be able to motivate a team
Start date: April 2023 - as soon as possible.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating [Application: Production Manager] in the subject line.